Sunday, October 16, 2011

The "Race"


This past weekend I did something I have never done before... I did a race! Of course, I didn't run! I walked! :) But I did "train" (I use the term loosely) for a couple of months to kind of get ready, even just to walk. I haven't done any kind of working out really since highschool (I did Curves after Francie was born, but I didn't really stick with it)! So my friend and I have been trying to hit the gym at least 3 times a week just to build my endurace!! I really must say- it has helped me!! All I mainly do is run/walk on the treadmill- but I am definitely building the endurace! The first time I went I could only run 2 minutes at a time and now I'm up to 22 minutes!! I thought for sure it would kill me to just walk 3 miles- but I am so happy to say I did it and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!

Melissa- My "Trainer"





















Saturday, friends from school and I walked/ran in the Susan G Komen Race For A Cure 5K!! A teacher we work with was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer and we did this to support her!! It was so wonderfully precious to see how moved she was to see all of us there!! I must say it felt good too- to do something sweet for a fellow believer, friend, co-worker!! It was such a beautiful day and so nice to hang out with friends all united in a cause and in love- being the hands, feet, and heart of Christ!!








"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30

1 comment:

Tahoia said...

Does anyone know of a Mary K Cvacho out of Va. married to kenneth cvacho? please send me information please. Mrs. Cvacho, was a very good teacher, and been trying to get contact, I thought you might be related since this blog is from a person that is with Christian values, I remember Mrs. Cvacho being a good christian also. my email is tahoia1@gmail.com appreciated if there is a link.