Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Break!!


Yay for Fall Break!! This past weekend we enjoyed some quality time at home!! No School Friday or Monday!! Mainly the only thing we did on our Fall Break is sleep!! We were all in need of REST!! On Thursday evening Francie fell asleep at 6:00 pm and did not wake up until close to 8 am Friday morning!! She didn't even eat dinner- she slept right through it!! Then, on Friday I went to bed at 8pm and slept until 8am!! There was even a 2 hour bonus nap on Sunday!! :) So much for the long list of chores I was going to catch up on- laundry, organizing the closets, deep cleaning the entire house!


Saturday we did manage to get out of bed to go pick out some pumpkins and enjoy some fresh air!! We went to a local church to pick our pumpkins!! We spent way more than I would have liked for 2 pumpkins but at least the money is used for a good cause- they use the money from the pumpkin sales for missions trips!!






















Then we went for a walk at Star Lake!! Star Lake is always one of our very favorite places and it holds such special memories- Clint and I used to go on LOTS of dates there when we were younger!! It was such a beautiful day! I loved just being with my family and soaking in God's beautiful creation!! There just aren't enough days in my life like these!! I really want to savor EVERYTHING about them- my kids' smiles and laughter, my Sweetie holding my hand, the breeze, the way the sun comes through the goldish trees, acorns in the trees, how the sky is so blue, baby turtles, loud quacking ducks, skipping rocks across the water!! EVERYTHING!!









It was great- a real blessing- to have this time to relax and enjoy the company of the most important people in the world to me!! Laundry and house-cleaning will always be there but my babies won't, so I am seizing the day!! :)

1 comment:

beth spray said...

your kiddos are adorable!! what a precious post!!! love it!!