Monday, September 27, 2010
Okay-I just thought I'd share this picture (it has nothing to do with the rest of this post) Francie's shirt is actually a dress she wore when she was 1 1/2 years old- now she just wears it as a shirt!! Too cute!! :) *Can you tell she likes to pose?
It has been so busy since school has started back- I haven't really been keeping up with what has been happening around here!! Since I want to keep this blog to kind of look back on our life, I want to be sure to share important/fun things we've been up to lately!
One highlight I didn't post was that Francie went on her first field trip to Build-A-Bear Workshop!! This year the class pet they built was a Yorkie named Scruffy!! It was a lot of F.U.N!! However, I didn't get the greatest pictures!!
Another thing that was nice was we went to see Nanny McPhee!! I loved the first one- but the second one was 10x better!! I mean, it has Ewan McGregor!! ;) But the story was just sweet and I guess as a mommy who sometimes feels like I'm losing it- I could definitely relate!! (you have to go see it)!! After the show, Will and Francie played in the arcade! They played some motorcycle racing game and it was hilarious!!
Just this past weekend we went to Clint's uncle's house in Scottsboro!! It was his grandmother's birthday and we wanted to take her out to celebrate!! We ended up staying to watch the Alabama game and boy was that exciting! I think I died and came back to life about three times!! I promise if they play another game like that this week- I don't think I can take it!! We had a wonderful time though!!
Other random fun:
*Restoration Football games!!
*Wings to watch Alabama and eat curly fries and honey mustard wings!
Friday, September 24, 2010
2. How do you decorate and prepare for fall? Well I just posted some decorations!! I love them!! One of my favorite things to do is put out pictures from years before of Halloween or Fall!! I have a picture of Will and Francie the year they were Peter Pan and Tinkerbell!! I have one of all the cousins in costumes at Granny"s, Francie was one year old and a pink kitty!! It's a tradition to be at Granny's on Halloween!
3. Will you participate in your college's homecoming activities? No! I don't think there are any homecoming activities!
4. What is your favorite fall item for accessory? I really don't have anything that is a favorite! I love jeans for fall ~I'd like to get cowboy boots for this year but they cost a fortune so I don't know if that will happen!!!
5. What was your favorite halloween costume as a kid? Strawberry Shortcake!! My absolute favorite! I can actually remember trick-or-treating in that costume! I even had my picture made in it too, professionally, not the mask though, just the dress!! Too cute!! I'm excited because Francie has chosen Strawberry Shortcake to be this year!! If we can find the costume!!
(It seems that whatever my kids choose to be is the most popular costume that year and we end up having to go with our second choice because we cannot find the first one)!!
6. Do you like halloween/horror movies? No! Not really anymore!! I mean, I would watch them as a teenager and I guess I watched them as a child ~my parents really weren't worried about us watching them (Kujo and Children of the Corn)! Dad would always say... "it's just a movie"!! But real life can be scary enough to keep me up at night sometimes, so I try not to add to my worries!!
7. What is your favorite fall activity? There are just so many... football, pumpkin patch, Homestead Hollow!!
8. What is your favorite fall recipe? I think it would be Clint's Grandmother, Looney's, Rum Cake!! I make it for Thanksgiving!! It is delicious!! (I'll have to post it later ~I've got to find it)!!!
***Thanks Jamie for the tag!! Let's hear about your fall fun!! I tag you!!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
It's about 99 degrees out today, which is just wrong!! This past weekend I pulled out a few decorations for Fall and Halloween!! I couldn't wait any longer! I thought I'd share ~a sneek peek!! And now that some decorations are out, I'm just waiting on a nice, cool, crisp 78 degree day!! ;) I do LOVE fall, though!! I love: less humidity, pumpkins, chili, football, sweaters, mums, scarecrows, Halloween costumes, candy corn, hay rides, fall festivals, and beautiful colored leaves!! I still need to decorate the porch, I'm waiting on 1. another paycheck and 2. cooler weather! I want to put pumpkins on the steps and mums on the table by the rocking chairs- I think they would shrivel and die in 2 seconds if I put them out there already!! I need a wreath on the door and a new spooky welcome mat,too!!
This is my new candy jar!! I got it about a month ago at Walgreens for $5.00!! I've been wanting one for about 4 years, but I either miss them every time they come out- they come out early and I always think "Oh, I'll wait for a few more weeks and come back and get it"! Then they are all gone and nowhere to be found!! Or they just haven't been carrying them for the last few years!!
This is another new item!! I usually keep white lights on this tree in our dining room~ but I thought it would be cute and fun to have something different for Halloween!! I got these lights at Target for $5.99~ they are little jack-o-lanterns!! They are great!! I love them! I have been trying to add a couple of decorations each year! I have been lacking in the Fall/ Halloween decoration department!! I'm glad to have a few more pieces to add! I want it to be fun and exciting for the kiddos!! :) Hope you are enjoying getting ready for fall too!!
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (2 Corinthians 13:14)
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Better is One Day
How lovely is Your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty. For my soul longs and even faints for You.
For here my heart is satisfied within Your presence. I sing beneath the shadow of Your wings.
Better is one day in Your courts, better is one day in Your house,
Better is one day in Your courts than thousands elsewhere.
One thing I ask and I would seek: to see Your beauty, to find You in the place Your glory dwells.
One thing I ask and I would seek: to see Your beauty, to find You in the place Your glory dwells.
My heart and flesh cry out for You, the living God.
Your spirit's water to my soul. I've tasted and I've seen.
Come once again to me. I will draw near to You, I will draw near to You.
*****Our church service this morning was so encouraging and beautiful!! The music and message were great~ It was just what I needed after a busy week!! I just thought I would share some of my favorite parts!!
Because He Lives
God sent His Son; they called Him Jesus. He came to love, heal and forgive. He bled and died to buy my pardon. An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives. Because He lives I can face tomorrow. Because He lives all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future and life is worth the living just because He lives. How sweet to hold a newborn baby and feel the pride and joy he gives. But greater still the calm assurance this child can face uncertain days because He lives.
**This is one of my favorite hymns~ it was so dear and precious to me during the storm of life that was Will's open heart surgery. I would sing it to him while rocking him. Everyday I sang it, just to keep going!!
"Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; your judgements are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O LORD. How precious is your steadfast love, O God!! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light." (Psalm 36:5-9)
God Bless You and Yours This Week!! :)
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Saturday we slept late and went to one of my favorite places~ Waffle House!! I love breakfast food and I was wanting a waffle! They have THE best waffles ever, I don't even have to put syrup on it, it is so yummy!! :) It really was a lot of fun!! The place was hoppin' and everybody was dressed in their Alabama shirts and all really pumped up about the football games!!
Then we went to the park, because, gosh, it was SO BEAUTIFUL! It really gave my soul hope!! The fall always kind of reinvigorates me!! We took a walk and Francie played on the playground and Clint and Will tossed the football! It was great!!
On Sunday, we had a brunch for Sunday School and it was real nice -alot of people were out of town for the holiday- but we had a great time! And our church service was awesome as usual!! I cannot say it enough, I love our church!! It is the most warm, friendly, transparent, caring, genuine, supportive, loving, Christ-centered place I have ever been!! My heart and soul can never get enough!! I always can't wait to get to church- to be at church!!
After church we had lunch at Nana's, Granny Loon was in town so we got to visit with her!! It was such a special visit~ she looked beautiful and it was so good to see her and hear that she is doing well!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend too!! And the best part of a long weekend is that we only have to work 4 days!!! I mean, tomorrow is hump day!! How great is that?! I love it!!
Monday, September 6, 2010
2. New lunchbox!! I saved birthday money to buy it!! It's Vera Bradley, the Barcelona pattern-my new favorite pattern!! I'm hoping to get this pattern in a purse for fall!!
3. New Lipstick!! Inspired, I think, by Twilight~ Just Bitten lip stain is AWESOME!! My favorite shade of course is "twilight"!! You should try it! :)
4. New Shoes!! :) Just in time for football season! Roll Tide!!
Sunday, September 5, 2010
words by C.L. Bancroft. music by Vikki Cook.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
**A short and sweet edition!
1. What do you do when you have time to yourself? Well, I can't remember the last time I had time to myself! But if I dreamed of a time, maybe, I would sleep, read, and shop for as long as I wanted!!
2. When you look out your kitchen window, what do you see? A bush, a bird bath and a fence!!
3. Who/What would you want to be reincarnated as? Maybe something beautiful like a flower!! Gardenia, rose, daisy!!
4. What is your biggest pet peeve about other people's kids? For the most part, other people's kids don't bother me!! I mean, I spend most of my days with them~ I'm a teacher!!
5. Regular or Diet soda? Regular COKE!! I am only gonna live once and I want to taste it!! I don't want to miss anything~ especially anything yummy!! ;)