Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Sliding Rock!! *I have heard about this attraction since 9th grade! We used to go to camp in Ridgecrest, NC (not too far from here) and the youth groups and counselors went on thier days off and would come back with some funny stories! One in particular was when one of the counselors got a deep buttock contusion from going down Sliding Rock! We never went all those years (the mall was the main attraction for us on our day off) , but finally this year we made it as a family! I'm sad now we never went, the kids (& Clint) had so much fun!
Hiking Whiteside Mountain!! *This is a 2 mile hike with about ten gorgeous overlooks! I was so proud of Will and Francie for doing this hike they did a great job!!
Silver Run Falls!! **My favorite place! :)
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
This past week we were enjoying God's creation in North Carolina!! Some friends of ours let us use their cabin in Cashiers for a week!! So sweet~ It was such a blessing (we actually got to use the cabin a couple of spring breaks ago). It is such a beautiful place and this time we really got the mountain experience!! There were waterfalls, mountain springs, trout, 2 mile hikes, scenic overviews, cute shops, delicious restaurants, smores, and fresh air. It was so nice!! We had the best time!! I'm not the best with words, so I think the best way to describe it is to show you the pictures!
Hanging out at the cabin!!
Monday, June 28, 2010
1. I'm more exhausted after vacation than before! Weird!! I still have to get my pictures loaded, then I'll post!! Right now I'm just getting everything in order after vacation!! (laundry=clothes mountain)
2. I got locked in my house today! Weird again!! We had given a friend my key to the house while we were gone (just in case anything should happen)! Well, he gave us a different key back when we got home last night -except I didn't notice it wasn't mine until the bug man came this morning and I couldn't let him in!!
3. Very sad to have missed my sister's 30th Birthday Party! It sounded like so much fun! They played a murder mystery game!! I can't believe my "little" sister is thirty~ wow!!
Friday, June 18, 2010
Mama M is doing these questions over on her blog @ fivecrooked halos.blogspot.com (I'm a little technically challenged so I don't know how to link- sorry)!! So I thought I would try it out!! You know me not too many words!! :) But just in case you ever wondered....
1. What is your favorite thing about summertime? The blue skies and sunshine, no school, sleeping late, ice cream!!! :) The list could go on and on!!
2. What is your ideal retirement location (if money didn't matter)? Appalachicola, Florida! It is the cutest little southern town, but it's on the beach!! It's very underdeveloped so it feels like you're worlds away from problems and pressures!! It is like you have stepped back in time~ there is no traffic, no fast pace, just your own speed!! It's beautiful and romantic and it's the BEACH!!
3. Do you live in the same town you grew up in? Yes
4. What nervous habit did you have as a child that you kicked to the curb before becoming an adult? None~ I still bite my nails and I've added about a million nervous habits since becoming an adult!!
5. What is the most embarrassing thing that happened to you while on the job? I fell down in the lunchroom with my kindergarteners!! There are about 30 five year olds crammed on two tables and we have about an area in the corner of the lunchroom the size of like a bedroom!! It can be a bit much some days~ I was mortified, but I lived through it! The kids were so sweet , they just wanted to make sure I was ok!
Enough about me!! Let's hear from you! :)
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Our Bible story today was The Prodigal Son! It is one of my favorites!! :) We talked about how God welcomes us back to Himself~ when we are sorry for our sin and when our hearts have eyes to see that it is better to be with Him, rather than on our own!! We need Him and He is amazingly compassionate and loving, happy to have us at His side once again! I am extremely thankful that He does not send us away, but embraces us, and treats us as His children!! So at VBS, we had a party,like they did in the story- what else?!
There were party hats!! :)
There were cupcakes!! :)
There were party games!! :)
There were even fireworks (sparklers, really)!! :)
And there was music!! :)
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
I always loved VBS growing up~ I can remember tie-dying Tshirts, water balloon volleyball, red kool-aid, cookies, puppet shows and singing!! I remember walking down the aisle to give my heart to Jesus at VBS when I was nine years old!!
This year our church is doing "Backyard Vacation Bible School"!! It has been great so far, vvverrryyy HOT, but really great!! ;) We have had between 11 to 14 children, mainly all boys- just one girl, all between the ages 3-8 years old!! I have enjoyed so much the fun fellowship with my friends!! My job is telling the Bible stories, we are talking about several of Jesus' parables... I always get more from the lessons than the children, I think!! I am praying that the Holy Spirit would prick the hearts of these children (and mine)~ so they would want to treasure Him more than anything else in this world!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Just a few things we hope to accomplish this summer!! Of course, the list goes on... I hope to see Eclipse and read Beth Moore's new book and start and finish the many projects around the house like painting my kitchen table and staining the wardrobe in the dining room!!
There's so much fun to be had in such a short amount of time!! How will it ever get done! :)
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Love like you'll never be hurt.
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth."
Behind the scenes!!
After 9 months of classes, a 5 hour rehearsal on Friday, and a traffic jam on the way to the theater last night -I mean we arrived as the curtain went up at 6:00! (Talk about being stressed, I sincerely thought she was going to miss her first dance!! Yikes)! We arrived at Francie's first recital! She was terrific!! She really loves the stage!! It doesn't bother her at all to be in front of a large crowd~ she danced her heart out!!
This year all of the dances were "garden" themed!! The Secret Dancing Garden! The whole recital was precious! Francie was a bluebird for tap and a dandelion for ballet!! She was so beautiful and we were so proud of her!! I got a few pictures to share from the social event of the year! Ha! ;)
The ballerina's beautiful flowers from her Daddy, Granny and Granddaddy, and her Nana!! We ALL love you Francie, very much!! We couldn't be more proud of you!!