Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

January 1st- "My eager desire and hope being that I may never feel ashamed, but that now as ever I may do honor to Christ in my own person by fearless courage." (Phil. 1:20)

As I read these words on the very first day of 2011, my heart echoed this desire. The devotion book for the year is My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers!! Perfect! I've been thinking about this new year and what I really hope to achieve and above all I want to be in the will of my Heavenly Father! To do all that he asks of me ~ to trust and obey!! I cannot believe 2010 is over!! This was a really wonderful year ~so many blessings I didn't expect, just fell from heaven!! I am really excited to see what God does this year!!

Just thought I might share just a few changes I personally will strife to make (with much prayer) for the new year:
* say "I love you" FIRST more...
* turn to Jesus first...
* be a better friend... spend time, listen, encourage, help
* give more... be generous
* be thankful and spend more time counting my blessings... time to relax and enjoy my family at the holidays... a sweet puppy dog, who is so crazy she fits in with our family perfectly... my sweet kiddos! They are so fun to be around and love watching them grow and they just light up my world... my sweetie, who I can't get enough of, who also lights up my world... family!! They are like a breath of fresh air! Just being with them rejuvenates my soul!! :)


"Now to him who is able to do immeasurable more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20

No comments: