Saturday, July 18, 2009

Casual Fridays?!

Greetings again, friends. I hope this post will answer a question that I am sure has been bugging you for some time. This probably goes without saying, but just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm talking about your desire to find out how landscapers observe casual Fridays. In offices on Fridays men everywhere are freed from the bondage of having a tie cinched around their necks. What about landscapers? I mean they wear t-shirts and roll around in the dirt all day, how can they possibly get any more casual? Well, friends, may I present to you "Hawaiian Shirt Fridays!"




I must say this is part of living the adventure. If you have never had the experience of putting on a Hawaiian shirt to work in, you have not lived. The older I get, I am gaining a greater appreciation for the subtle absurdities in life. The Lord gives us all a story, but unfortunately we often miss out on the good parts while dreaming about good parts we hope are on the way. I may never get to dive the WWII Japanese war ships sunk in Truk Lagoon in the Caroline Islands or sail the Mediterranean, but, friends, I have worked in a Hawaiian print shirt with a group of Mexicans also wearing Hawaiian shirts. If that's not adventure, then I don't know what is...

2 comments:

Dollar General said...

glad to hear you are having a good summer too ;)

seabird said...

Now that made me laugh:)