Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Love Me...

He cries in the corner where nobody sees
He's the kid with the story no one would believe
He prays every night, "Dear God won't you please
Could you send someone here who will love me?

Who will love me for me
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me
'Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means

Her office is shrinking a little each day
She's the woman whose husband has run away
She'll go to the gym after working today
Maybe if she was thinner
Then he would've stayed
And she says...

Who will love me for me?
Not for what I've done or what I will become
Who will love me for me?
'Cause nobody has shown me what love,
what love really means

He's waiting to die as he sits all alone
He's a man in a cell who regrets what he's done
He utters a cry from the depths of his soul
"Oh Lord, forgive me, I want to go home"
Then he heard a voice some where deep inside
And it said,

"I know you've murdered and I know you've lied
I have watched you suffer all of your life
And now that you'll listen I'll tell you that I..."

I will love you for you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew
{JJ Heller}


I heard this song yesterday and it pricked my heart ~it was so precious and beautiful!! I was driving down the road balling my eyes out!! I know people thought I was crazy, but it just caught me off guard!! I sometimes feel like this and maybe you do too... I sometimes feel like I have to earn love... like it's based on what I look and act like... like it's conditional... like any minute it could be gone/ just disappear never to return again... sometimes I feel like I'm not worth it... sometimes I feel like if anyone knew the real me it would be over... sometimes I feel like there isn't enough love to fill up my heart and soul... like I am negative in that department... I'm just too needy... no one has THAT much love to give ~no one except one person ~JESUS!! Praise the Lord for Jesus!!! He's all I ever need ~He is perfect for me!! I have to continually pray that I would receive His love and forgiveness, instead of listening to the lies in my head!! Nothing I do will bring me more of His love, nothing I don't do will bring me more of His love -it's mine because He gives it to me!! I pray to rest in His amazing grace, His abundant mercy and His unfailing love!!

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our LORD." Romans 8:38-39

3 comments:

beth spray said...

AMEN!! thanks for sharing!!!

Trace Car Driver said...

awww i haven't heard that song. but thanks for sharing it with me... so i can cry like a baby too. you aren't the only one who feels that way, i promise. guess what?
i LOVE you! :o)

seabird said...

You are definitely not the only one who has those feelings sometimes. Thanks for sharing:) And by the way I like people even more when they show their real self, but I am always scared that if people see the real me they will not like me anymore. I guess we all feel that way. Love you!
Laura <3