Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just Some Stuff:


This is Will with a blond moustache- his prize from the dentist for doing a great job!

~Tonight we are having a delicious Paula Deen recipe!! It is the yummiest roast I have EVER had!! :) I love Paula Deen!! I wish she was related to me/ sometimes I feel like she is! She's a doll!! Here's the recipe!!

Ingredients:
1 (3 to 4-pound) boneless chuck roast
1 teaspoon Paula Deen House Seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup thinly sliced onion wedges
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 bay leaves
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup red wine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
3/4 cup water

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Add the House Seasoning, salt and pepper to a small bowl. Rub seasoning into the roast on both sides. Heat oil in a large skillet and brown the roast, searing it on both sides. Place the meat in a roaster pan. Add onions and garlic to skillet for 1 to 2 minutes to absorb leftover roast juice. Place into roaster pan with meat and bay leaves.

Combine the mushroom soup, wine, Worcestershire sauce and beef bouillon into a bowl. Pour over the roast. Add water.

Cover pan with foil and bake for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or until tender.

Remove and discard the bay leaves.
(I don't use the bay leaves and it's still delicious)!!



~13 Days til Kickoff!! ROLL TIDE!!

~My class is adorable this year~ so cute and such sweet parents!! I must confess that I am a bit shocked! I had prepared myself to have a not-so-great class, see there is sometimes a pattern of every other year kind of stinking, and last year was just phenomenal, it looks like this class will rival them!! PTL! I am thankful!! God is so good!! I can't wait for all the adventures to unfold!

~I think it may be time for us to get Netflix- I am so behind on movies!!

~Last week Francie was sucking her thumb and Clint told her she doesn't need to keep doing it and she said "What am I supposed to do, I don't have any binkies!" It was so cute!! She is a MESS!!

~I want to see The Phantom of the Opera (the old one) at the Alabama Theatre this Halloween!! (In middle school I remember spending the night at a dear friend's house and watching it in the basement, it was great and creepy)!! Clint's never seen it, so I'm thinking it would make the perfect date -and at the Alabama, such atmosphere!!

That's all folks!! Have a great week!!

1 comment:

Trace Car Driver said...

so glad you have another good class this year! that is def a blessing! miss you!! xoxo